A new technique for exploring art. Try it....

If you're like me, everything you see is a potential craft or art project!  Every scrap of fabric, each piece of yarn - what could I do with that?  What would I do with that?  We save textured paper, tissue paper, buttons, felt - you name it, we've got it just waiting for a project! 

I find myself scanning through magazines and books and thinking, "Wow!  I love that (design, photo, work of art, color scheme, etc.)  Today, through a very talented friend, I learned a GREAT technique to use when I see those pictures that so intrigue me. 

"What do I like about this photo?  What is it that is drawing me in?" Is it the swirl of colors that I like?  Maybe I can recreate that color scheme in a different way.  Perhaps I like the texture and want to imitate it in another material.  Do I want to use the picture for decoupage or collage to cover a box, make a card or cover a journal? Explore the depths of the picture, colors, patterns, textures and ask yourself, "What is it that intrigues me about this picture?"

Dig a little deeper and you'll find answers to questions you didn't know to ask!  It will expand your art horizons into new and exciting directions!

Oh happy day!

Angela                                                                    
Angela's Artistic Designs
http://www.etsy.com/shop/angel9           

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,