That First Christmas after a loved one dies.

This was my first Christmas without my mom. We hear about the year of firsts. Frankly, I was dreading this holiday. Thoughts of her were very present. I raised a glass of wine to her. I used her carafe at my Christmas party. I hung Christmas cards on the mirror the way she used to. It's not that she spent many Christmases with me in Maryland. She didn't. But she was here, still with us. And I would visit her during the Christmas Season, sometimes going to mass with her and singing in the choir.

Grief doesn't begin and end with one death, one funeral. Grief reaches back and touches the pain of every person we've lost, every sadness we have ever felt, every memory we have of the past.



Read the full blog here: https://angelasartistic.blogspot.com/2018/12/i-miss-my-mom-first-christmas-without.html#comments